Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spiritual Blues

Standing at the crossroads where the battle lines lay
How can I make it through this day?
Hear a voice in the wind say:
"I'll say it again
Don't stop till you get to the end
You never know what's around the bend."
O the voices and the choices ring out loud and clear
But it's never those of people near and dear
It's only the howls of people in fear
So it goes on a never ending round
All the false gods have been found
But all the spirits and hearts have been run aground.
Gonna have to hear that whistle calling
Telling me that I'm never falling
It's just a heavy load I'm hauling
Faith sounds that morning bell
I rise silent with no one to tell
I've no products or beliefs to sell
But I'm on my way
Just walking today
Lending a hand, so it's OK
That's all G-d wrote
That's all I can quote
So, people, take note
Just help each other along
Do what makes you strong
And let that be your song.

Ms. Billie M. Spaight
3-21-13

2 comments:

  1. O my gosh, I married a Polish-Italian rapper with a penchant for Bobby Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part Austrian, Ukrainian, French, and Turkish too. :)

    ReplyDelete